Thursday, January 31, 2013

Comma Zen Fabric

This fabric is a new line from Moda, named "Comma,", designed by Zen Chic. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and I can't believe that this fabric is still bundled since I bought it 3 months ago. I suppose that might be because I haven't quite figure out what to make with it yet. I know I want to use it to replace the quilt on my bed that the dog accidentally chewed through (Oh-No!!!), but that is about it so far.

I bought this fabric from Country Fabrics and Quilting in November when they had a trunk show/mini shop set up at the quilting and craft retreat I go to twice a year. My intention was to find a pattern to use it with and then make it while I am at the retreat in March. So, I figured I better get to it!

Since there are 40 fat quarters included in this bundle, I am actually thinking about making two smaller quilts from it rather than one large one. We have a king-sized bed but, since I do the quilting on my personal machine, I am not looking forward to making a king size quilt. So, one thought I had was to make a "his" and "hers" quilt. Sounds like a good idea to me because that might mean less fighting over who has more of the blanket.

So, now I am off to find or design a great pattern. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment