Monday, January 28, 2013

From Popcorn to Puppy Food

At this point, I wonder if there is still anyone out there who doesn't know what Pinterest is? Like many others. I am hooked on it. I love using it as a tool for organizing great web sites I find, and I have a variety of boards that are related to crafts. (Follow me on Pinterest if you like.)

One thing I found on Pinterest that I wanted to try right away was this puppy food tin. My husband buys me a big container of popcorn for Christmas evey year and I am running out of things to do with the empty tins. I saw this idea on Pinterested and thought it was perfect!

It was so easy to make and didn't take much time either. Here is what I used:
  • Empty Popcorn Tin
  • Red Paint
  • Paint Brush
  • Cricut Expressions Machine
  • Cartridge
  • Adhesive Backed Vinyl
Start out by making sure your empty popcorn tin is clean and dry. Use your favorite color of paint, I used red, to paint the outside of the tin and the lid. Let the paint dry completely.

I used a Cricut machine and cartridge to cut out the letters and the puppy, but you can use a stencil instead, of draw them out freehand if you like. I cut out my designs on adhesive backed vinyl so all I had to do was peel the paper backing off and stick it where I wanted it.


No comments:

Post a Comment