Thursday, March 14, 2013

Comma Fabric Patterns

Sorry I am so slow to check in again...  I did just get back from quilt retreat and I worked on a few quilts using my Comma fabric by Zen Chic. I thought I would give you a sneak peek at the 3 quilts I have made so far using this bundle of fat quarters.  I used 2 different patterns. Both were inspired by pictures of quilts I found on Pinterest.
 
I used 25 of the fat quarters in the bundle (there were 40 all together, so I still have plenty left) to make these two quilts. At first I was calling them "his" and "her" quilts, but people just didn't get it. Plus, now I am considering making one quilt using both of these, one on the back and one on the front. Each one is about 90-inches square.   I saw this pattern and created my own version of it.


Once these are finished, I will post better pictures.
 
The third quilt top I made using this fabric is a strip quilt similar to this oneI actually used the strips of fabric I had left over after cutting all of the rectangles for the quilts above. I was almost going the throw them away, but I am so glad I didn't; and so is Katie since I promised this quilt to her! The strips were not all the same width so it was a little tricky cutting the gray fabric for the background, but it actually went together a lot faster than I thought it would.


I will also post better pictures of this one and a more detailed description of how it was made once it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment