Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blake's Birth Story

So I know that we have kind of abandoned this blog as of late, but it’s for a good reason!  Meet Blake Leigh Ann Brockpahler!
 
 I went into the hospital at around 7:00 AM on Tuesday, May 3rd to be induced (I was 41 weeks pregnant and miserable)!  I was told later that I was lucky that I came in so early, because shortly after I get settled in a room, more girls came in active labor. 
  So they started my pitocin around 10:30 AM, and I was dilated at about 1 cm and about 80% effaced.  At around 2, I was started to get frustrated because I didn’t feel much for contractions and I didn’t think anything was progressing.  Shortly after that, I was dilated to a four.  Shortly after that, my water broke!  Once my water broke, labor started progressing pretty quickly. 

By the time my doctor arrived at around 5:30 PM, she said that I was completely dilated.  I started pushing at 7:00 PM, and our little punkin was born at 7:51 PM with a full head of hair!  She weighed 8 lbs 1.6 oz, and measured 20.5 inches.  She was (is) the most beautiful little girl ever, and the sound of her cry right away was the best noise I had ever heard! 
 I was one of the lucky girls, because both labor and delivery were relatively easy for me!  Contractions were nothing like I had expected—I didn’t really feel pain, just pressure.  I guess I was just made to make babies. 

Since this little girl came into me life, everything has changed for the better.  I love her and life even more every day.  Every little thing in life brings me so much joy because she is in it, and when I start to think about how much I love her, I start to tear up.  I love my role as a mommy more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment