Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Recommendation

Mom and I both love to read, and we do it all of the time!  I thought it might be fun to have a regular post sharing a book that I have read and really loved.  I might also eventually do a post on books that I wasn't so thrilled about.  Make sure to follow me on Goodreads (katieosborn) as well!

Little Giants of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

I read this book last summer, and still can't stop thinking about it!  I fell in love with it before I even got too far into it because the protaganist's name was Truly.  I LOVE that name!  The story is about a very large girl, Truly Plaice.  She has had to live with her unsightly appearances, while her gorgeous sister, Serena Jane, has lived a life of privilege and positive attention.  Eventually Truly finds her place in the world, and everything falls into place for her.  The moral of the story is to feel comfortable in your own skin, and I think that is a "truly" important message!  

The book I am reading right now:

Just One Look by Harlan Coben (recommended by my mother)


 So far so good......

No comments:

Post a Comment